About the Campsite
Located on the banks of the Orange River, we offer rustic, tree-shaded, grass riverside campsites.
• There are a variety of campsite sizes available to accommodate small or larger groups.
• Each riverside campsite has its own small food preparation lapa with a sink and water tap, a braai fireplace, lighting and 220V plug point.
• Firewood is available for purchase in limited quantities.
(We’re situated in a desert wilderness and wood is a scarce resource. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own charcoal/briquettes)
• Clean ablutions with hot-water showers, basins and proper flush-toilets.
• Self-catered camping only – there are no bar, restaurant or shop facilities available at the camp.
The Richtersveld Wilderness Camp is a quiet, rustic campsite ideally suited to those who appreciate nature and peaceful tranquillity. To ensure our guests enjoy a relaxing and pleasurable stay at our camp we kindly request the following:
• No generators, noisy parties, music or drumming please.
(The sounds of the fish eagles, birds and river frogs are there for your listening pleasure.)
• Sorry No dogs. The area is home to some very shy Cape Clawless Otters and genets.
• No powered vessels to be used on the river.